Sunday, 10 November 2013

Staring off slow: A book review!

Posted by chelsie rout at 06:41
So I am starting it all off with a book review (I know not cosmetics but get over it!)
This is a book that I hold very dearly to my heart. 

***SPOILERS***





The boy in the striped pyjamas.....oh this book. 

The book is set in World War Two when Jews were being rounded up and sent away to concentration camps. This book already sounds sad and emotional and then they decided to make the narrator a nine year old German boy called Bruno. He has to move away from his family and friends into the middle of nowhere not understanding anything, 

He finds a fence, a doctor who peels potatoes and a strange new friend. 

This book focuses on the innocence of children and it shows how he interprets the big move into the middle of nowhere with no explanation, how he sees his parents, and most importantly how easily he makes friends with a strange little boy across a fence. 

I wont give anymore away as it is a book you need to read. (try not and do it at 3am when everyone else is asleep....it's a tear jerker)

I give this book: 5/5 stars

If you have any books to recomend send them my way!

Ta for now

- Chelsie.x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Wickedly Whimsical Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos