Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Book haul, book haul, it’s a book haul!

Posted by chelsie rout at 02:40
They say you can never have too many books…..or as my mother says “stop buying books, you have too many!”
But alas I do spend far too much money on books and here are the recent ones!

1.       The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern



 I picked this one up when there was a 3 for 2 sale, I had heard good things about the book…..not sure what it is about really and the blurb doesn’t help…..the cover is pretty though.


2.       Fangirl by Rainbow Powell


When I bought this book I needed something to occupy my time for an hour and it looked interesting. I got stuck with this book and finished it in about 4 hours. It was fantastic to read, easy and went at a good pace, the main character is easy to relate to and it is a different subject to read about!


3.       A passionate love affair with a total stranger by Lucy Robinson


I am half way reading this book and it’s really good for a romance novel. It has the same structure as other romance books, which I personally enjoy. It is so far an interesting story and its super easy to read!


4.       Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch


To be honest when I bought this book I picked it up because of the cover and the title…….I now realise that it is about a cop in London. A different book that I thought but I will still read it.


5.       The hitch hitchhikers guide to the galaxy by Douglas Adams


Okay I have never read the book or seen the movie! I know, I know! I haven’t started this yet but I am super excited to, and then movie time!

6.       The messenger by Markus Zusak

So I loved his first book; The Book Thief, and so when I saw this one I knew I had to pick it up and let me tell you I love it so far. The book is proving what a diverse author Markus is and how well he writes different characters!

7.       Boy meets boy by David Levithan


I love Levithan, his work is fantastic and all I want is to read all of his books over and over! I have started this one and it is just amazing as always!

8.       Hollow city by Ransom Riggs



Sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I am excited to read this as it seems to be in the same style as his first book. He uses pictures and creepiness in a perfect way! 

Do you have any recommendations for books? I always need them! Or have you read these books? Let me know what you think!


Until next time 

-Chelsie.x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Wickedly Whimsical Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos